Well since the last post things have been really great for us. We have been trying to conceive since August 2008 and finally it happened. The wonderful thing about all this is....this happened the first month that my wife and I prayed about it together. We were both praying about it and letting each other know but the first month that we did it together.....BAM....the pregnancy test comes back positive. I am obviously over the moon with it.
I am going to be a daddy....wooohooooo. The miracle of life is so incredible that I can't begin to describe what I am feeling. It is amazing to learn and see what goes on inside the womb once conception has taken place. God created us this way and I must say...it is utterly amazing. Incredible. I just wish we could tell everyone but we are waiting for the first sonar to be done on the 14th February. On Valentines Day!!!!!
The start of a new life .....a life that I am dedicating to the Lord...it is a gift from Him...He alone creates. We have the privilege of nurturing and taking care of this gift. So sad that we sometimes abuse life and each other. We need to show more love to one another.
Life after death.
I was busy with a quotation today and the people of the house were sitting around the table chatting when the topic changed to ghosts/visions of people and so on. The one lady told a story of how she woke up one night and there standing next to her bed was an old man with a walking cane. He whispered something in her ear but she could not hear what it was. Next day she felt a need to return home from the folks she was visiting. To make a long story short...her grandfather had passed away. Now this was not the same grandfather she claims to have whispered in her ear. The ghost grandfather had passed away before. My only question now is this...why did she not recognize him immediately. She stated in her story that she did not know who it was until after she got the news of the other grandfather that passed away. Doesn't quite make sense. Surely you should remember someone so dear to you and recognize them instantly.
OK now.....the Bible says the following of the dead. They know nothing. Absolutely nothing. They are asleep. Do you know what is happening around you when you are asleep...NO!!.. you don't and don't think you do.
What good will the second coming be when Jesus returns to resurrect the dead in Christ when they are supposed to be in Heaven already. Come on!!!!!!.....will accept it if Jesus says...OK...you have to go back to that rotten decaying body so that I can resurrect you again....It makes no sense. Ecclesiastes 9:5 says "For the living know that they shall die, but the dead know not anything.............." You cannot know anything when you are dead...what would heaven be like if you were to be able to look down and see how sad and torn apart people are because you have died. That will be like hell. Where is the joy in that???
The other thing is this.....the Bible makes it clear in Psalm 115:17 that the dead do not praise the Lord. If you are supposed to go to Heaven after dying you would obviously be praising the Lord wouldn't you?? and........why are there not more people killing themselves...this world is not the best place to live and I am sure that you agree with me on that statement. Have you ever been to a funeral of someone that you know was not the best person on earth...and then the minister says "O our brother/sister is walking on the streets of gold"....come on....that is nonsense. THE DEAD ARE IN THE GRAVES.....John 5:28-29. It cannot be more clear than that. We cannot take a little bit here and a little bit there from the Bible and then say we are Bible believing Christians. Get a grip and read your Bible properly. Don't just read what you want to read.
I hope that I at least got some of you thinking about what is going on. Life and death are two things that we have no control over. You live...you die. The question is....are you living a life that will rewarded at the second coming?
Keep praying....I just did...for all of you.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
What a week....and life after death.
Labels:
baby,
Bible,
buried,
creation,
eternal life,
ghost,
ghost stories,
God,
grave,
life,
life after death,
love,
new,
resurrection,
the dead
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment